Released On 14th Dec 2015
Good Cause coming to a Coffee Shop near You
We’ve launched a special series of events all about fostering and adoption!
Our Fostering and Adoption Recruitment Service is teaming up with Costa Coffee, the national brand, for nine events on specific caring schemes we urgently need more recruits for. The coffee chain is supporting the cause through its Community Projects Initiative.
Each of the informal evenings will focus on key fostering schemes for children and young people, who are unable to live with their birth families, or need extra support.
- Foster Carers for older children and young people
- People who could foster brothers and sisters
- Skilled individuals who can care for children with disabilities
- Understanding people who have the space in their lives to help a troubled teenager experiencing tough times.
April’s, on Monday 25 April, 7pm-9pm at Yeovil’s Costa in Middle Street, will focus on ‘Stepping Stones’ – a scheme helping teenagers become independent through mentoring, support and sharing life skills. It will also feature Short Break Care – a specialist fostering service for disabled children and young people, who might have a learning, physical or sensory disability, significant health care needs, or all of these.
You must book your place at a Costa event in advance by phoning our team on 0800 587 9900. The events are being held on the following dates:
- Monday 25 April, Costa Yeovil, BA20 1LE, 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 19 May, Costa Wells, BA5 2SG, 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday 14 June, Costa Bridgwater, TA6 3BU, 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 11 August, Costa Shepton Mallet, BA4 5EG, 7pm-9pm
- Tuesday 18 October, Costa Bridgwater, TA6 3BU, 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 17 November, Costa Yeovil, BA20 1LE, 7pm-9pm
- Monday 9 January, Costa Taunton, TA1 1JW, 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 16 February, Costa Shepton Mallet, BA4 5EG, 7pm-9pm
- Thursday 9 March, Costa Bridgwater, TA6 3BU, 7pm-9pm
While everyone who comes to a Costa event must register beforehand, we are happy to accept ‘on the day’ registrations. To sign up for any of the above events, email the team on AandFRecruitment@somerset.gov.uk or phone our team on 0800 587 9900.